Ultra Power UP240AC Plus Balance Charger for Battery
Ultra Power UP240AC Plus Balance Charger for Battery
This is the UltraPower UP240AC Plus 4 Port Charger. It is compatible worldwide with its built in AC Voltage switch. The USA uses 110V wall outlets while other countries may use 220V. It can also be powered by DC power, allowing it to be used out in the field when a wall outlet is not available. It has 4 independant charge ports that offer up to 60Watts each if used simulatneously. What’s really neat is that Port 1 & 2 can ‘borrow’ power from Ports 3 & 4 if they are not using their full 60Watts. This gives you 2 charge ports that can max out at 12Amps/120Watts each! Very convenient for charging large batteries or for getting your packs recharged quickly before the next race. The charger can also be used as a power supply to power other devices, up to 300Watts from the DC Port at 14V! That’s Right! It acts as a DC-Out as well! It’s a multi-chemistry charger so it can properly charge LiPo, LiHV, LiIon, LiFe, NiMH, NiCd and Pb (lead acid) batteries. It has a built in Balancer for Lithium type batteries. Each port has its own screen, buttons, 4mm output ports, balance port and temperature sensor port. As an added bonus, the charger has a 5V 2.1A USB port built into it to power and recharge your cell phone, tablet, etc.
High Power Output:
This charger boasts 240Watts of total charging power! Port 1 & 2 are capable of 120Watts/12Amps max and Ports 3 & 4 are capable of 60Watts/6Amps. Most chargers only allow the 240W output to be split equally between each port, 60Watts each. But what if you weren’t using the full 60Watts on Port 3 or 4 and wanted to use that extra power that’s left over to power Port 1 & 2? Now you can!
The way it works is quite simple. Each port has a dedicated 60Watts apportioned to it. But if Port 3 is not using all of its 60Watts, Port 1 can borrow whats left over! And if Port 4 is not using all of its 60Watts, Port 2 can borrow whats left over.
Here are some examples of how it works. If you are using 0Watts on Port 3, Port 1 will have all 120Watts available to it. If you are using 30Watts on Port 3, Port 1 will have up to 90Watts available. If you are using the full 60Watts on Port 3, Port 1 will have 60Watts available. The same principle applies to the relationship between Port 2 and Port 4.
Most chargers only offer 40-50Watts of charge power per channel. But this charger offers the convenience of at least 60Watts per port along with the added benefit of Port 1 & 2being able to use any extra power that port 3 & 4 is not using! Up to 120W/12Amps!
This charger offers a very small footprint so that it fits easiliy in your pit box or bag, especially for a 4 port AC/DC charger.
Charge four batteries at once, even if they are not the same chemistry, voltage, or capacity.
This charger has 4 individual charge ports and plugs directly into the wall. It also can be connected to a DC power source such as a 12V car battery or a DC Power Supply (DC Power Cable sold separately, GTP1306, GTP1300, GTP1340). The charger is quite compact at only 205 x 180 x 70mm (8.0 x 7 x 2.7 inches). So it can store away in your pit bag or box quite easily! The Charger also features Lithium Balance Charge, Fast Charge, Storage and Discharge modes so that you can properly care for your batteries..
The charger can be used to power other DC devices such as chargers, lathes, lights, etc. It puts out a whopping 300Watts of power at 14V! Simply plug the charger into the wall and use the DC port on the right side of the charger to power your device.
UltraPower is known for their great reliability. They use the best internal components and circuitry available to create long lasting products. Their reliability rivals that of name brand manufacturers such as Hitec, Duratrax, Traxxas, etc. And all this is backed by an easy 1 year warranty!
Lithium Battery Meter
Check the voltage of a Lithium battery’s cells when plugged into the balance port. The screen will provide a readout of each cells voltage, the total pack voltage, as well as the highest and lowest cells.
You can program and store up to 10 different types of battery settings on each port. Then simply load the program to start charging using your stored battery settings.
- LiPo, LiHV, LiIon, LiFe Battery
- Balance Charge (Balances cells inside of battery while charging for optimal performance & safety)
- Fast Charge
- Storage Mode (Brings battery to approx. half charge, best for long term non-use)
- NiMH Battery, NiCD Battery
- Manual Charge (Manually set charge amperage)
- Auto Charge (Set amperage limit, charger will auto adjust)
- Discharge (Voltage adjustable from 0.1V-25.2V)
- Re-Peak (Top off the battery before use)
- Cycle (Cycle Charge/Discharge or Discharge/Charge up to 5 times)
- Pb (Lead Acid batteries such as the battery in your car)
- Battery Memory (Store up to 10 battery settings that can be loaded to the charger)
- Battery Type (LiPo, LiHV, LiIon, LiFe, NiMH, NiCD, Pb)
- Battery Voltage
- Charge Current
- Discharge Current
- Discharge Voltage
- LiPo 3.0V – 3.3V per cell
- LiHV 3.0V – 3.3V per cell
- LiIon 2.9V – 3.2V per cell
- LiFe 2.6V – 2.9V per cell
- NiMH 0.1V – 1.1V per cell
- NiCd 0.1V – 1.1V per cell
- Pb 1.8V per cell
- Terminal Voltage Control
- LiPo 4.18V – 4.30V per cell
- LiHv 4.25V – 4.35V per cell
- LiIon 4.08V – 4.20V per cell
- LiFe 3.58V – 3.70V per cell
- Temperature Cut-Off (20°C-80°C, 68°F-1765°F)
- NiMH & NiCD Trickle (OFF or 50mA – 300mA)
- NiMH & NiCD Peak Delay (OFF or 1min – 5min)
- NiMH & NiCD Delta Peak Sensitivity (3mV/C – 15mV/C)
- Save Program
- System Settings
- Rest Time between Charge/Discharge Cycles (1min – 60min)
- Safety Timer (OFF or 1min – 720min)
- Capacity Cut-Off (OFF or 100mAh – 50,000mAh)
- Key Beep and Buzzer (ON or OFF for each)
- Input Power Low Voltage Cut-Off (10.0V – 11.0V)
- Temperature Display (Shows the internal charger temperature and the external temperature if an optional temp sensor is plugged in)
- Factory Reset to Defaults
- Software Version
UltraPower offers a great 1 Year warranty on their chargers. This warranty covers manufacturers defects. This warranty does not cover end-user misuse or abuse. In the event of a repair/replacement the customer is responsible for shipping the unit to us in NY, while we will cover the cost of shipping the unit back to the customer.
AC Input voltage AC 100V-120V OR 220V-240V (Selectable via switch on side of charger)
DC Input voltage DC 11.0V-18.0V
DC Output Voltage: 14.0V
Charge Current: 0.1A-12.0A each (Port1 & Port2), 0.1A-6.0A each (Port3 & Port4)
Discharge current: 0.1A-5.0A each (Port1 & Port2), 0.1A-2.0A each (Port3 & Port4)
Charge power max. Using Port1 & Port2 Only = 120Watts each. Using Port1 & Port2 & Port3 & Port4 = 60Watts each.
Discharge power max. Using Port1 & Port2 Only = 10Watts each. Using Port1 & Port2 & Port3 & Port4 = 5Watts each.
Balance current max. 500mA/cell
Lithium battery cell count 1-6 (S)eries
NiCd/NiMH battery cell count 1-15 Cells
Lithium battery types Li-Po, Li-Hv, Li-ion, Li-Fe
Pb battery voltage 2V-20V (1-10 cells)
mAh Capacity: 100mAh – 50,000mAh (Can charge batteries w/ higher capacity, but restarting the charge process will be required once maximum is reached)
Weight 1600g, 3.5lbs
Dimensions 205 x 180 x 70mm (8.0 x 7 x 2.7 inches)
UP240AC Plus Charger
AC Power Cord
2x JST-XH Balance Boards
2x Deans Charge Leads/Cables
UltraPower Reliability and Warranty